Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring Break

This year for spring break my friends and I went to the Bahamas! We had a great time, but it was a lot of false advertising. I learned the way marketers can get around some things and while I understand why they did some of it, it made me realize the kind of marketer I don't want to be. We made the most of it though and had a great time!


Here are pictures of the beach we went to:


On Wednesday we took a boat ride around the island! It was from 5:00-7:00 so we got to see the sun set and they had some great appetizers, like a vegetable plate and wings! It was absolutely beautiful and they played great music as we cruised around. There were about 40 people on the boat ride so we made some friends as well! Here are some pictures from the boat ride:



The only bummer about the trip was the false advertising. They described it as an "all inclusive" resort, but it was really only two meals and six drinks a day and only at certain times. And the two meals were off of a 5-option set menu of ham and cheese sandwich, burger, hot dog, tuna sandwich, or BLT all with fries. The meals would get old quickly because these were the only options for five days straight so if you are a picky eater like me you are kind of out of luck! The first day was kind of a let down just because it was a long travel day, then each person had to put down a $100 deposit for the room totaling $400, then a $10 deposit for a towel, then the ferry was down so you couldn't get to Port Lucaya where everyone wanted to go at night, it was kind of just one thing after another but after all that we made the best of it and had a great time! I couldn't complain because I was in the Bahamas with great company, but I can see why people were frustrated with the false advertising. I think from here on I will just really look into every detail and pay more attention to the reviews. It was an amazing time though! Towards the end of a trip I am always kind of ready to be home, but now I am definitely wishing I was back on the beach in the Bahamas! 





No comments:

Post a Comment