Tuesday, April 12, 2016

UGA MBB banquet

Last night I went to the UGA Men's Basketball Banquet with some friends I intern with at the UGA Athletic Association. It was at Tate Grand Hall, and was truly a great event! I've always been a fan of college basketball since I played in high school so coming to a school with a great team like this and then getting to work for the team was really something special!

We arrived around 6:30, checked in, mingled, and then sat down to listen to the speaker, watch a highlight video, and presentation of awards. Kenny Gaines gave the senior speech on behalf of him and Charles Mann who couldn't make it due to family matters. Attendees included AD Greg McGarity, Bulldog Club President Mark Slonaker, Director of Athletics John Bateman, Assistant Director of Athletics Kevin Welch, and many others! It really was cool seeing how much this program has grown, like we just had the best 4-year run in the history of the school!

Here are some photos from last night:

The table setting: 

 2 of my co-workers, Molly and Jenna

My boss, Kevin Welch, and Director of Marketing for Athletics, John Bateman 
These two guys are inspirations to me! They have been two of my biggest mentors in my four years here at UGA. 

Kevin wanted to honor us because of the role we play in marketing and ticket sales for this team. It was really special to be able to go to this event! 

No comments:

Post a Comment