Monday, February 1, 2016

Athens restaurant bucket list

I just got a "100 days until graduation" email and started feeling very nostalgic about my time in Athens. I started thinking about everywhere I wanted to go and everything I wanted to try and that's when it hit me- there are so many restaurants in Athens I have yet to try! So I thought to myself, why not make a bucket list and I will cross one off every week? Here's my list! (In no particular order):

  • The World Famous
  • Iron Factory
  • The National
  • The Branded Butcher
  • The Place
  • The Royal Peasant
  • Heirloom Cafe
  • The Table
  • Porterhouse Grill
  • The Pine
  • Automatic Pizza
  • The Rook & Pawn
  • Ike & Jane
  • Ideal Bagel
I know, I know, some of you think I am crazy for not trying some of these yet! Maybe some of the ones I have been too are just so good I keep going back, keeping me from trying new ones? Here are some of my favorites that I have tried! 
  • Trappeze- In my opinion, you get the best bang for your buck at Trappeze. I usually go for the double pig, a braised pork sandwich on ciabatta bread with bacon, or the dubbel where you choose two out of the asian pork taco, pulled pork slider, or slider burger.

  • Last Resort- I know everyone views Last Resort as the "expensive place downtown" but their lunch menu is not expensive at all! My freshman year odyssey professor actually took us all out to lunch here on the last day of class my freshman year. For lunch I usually go for the southwestern grazer soup which consists of fresh greens, black beans, corn, avocado, and veggies. 

  • Cali N Tito's- My favorite environment! Cali N Tito's has the best atmosphere. When the weather is nice and the sun is out, my go-to spot is Cali N Tito's. My personal favorites are the steak tacos or the healthy cubano sandwich which is grilled steak or chicken (I typically go steak) with red onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro on wheat bread. 
  •                           
  • Taqueria del Sol- You can't go wrong with the brisket or carnitas tacos! My only complaint is that it is not open on Sundays. It's like Chick-Fil-A where you always crave it on Sundays. Why does that always seem to happen?
                                       


Favorite places not pictured:
  • Clocked
  • Shokitini
My goal is to try one of the restaurants on the bucket list every week! Do you have any recommendations of places I need to try? (Warning: I am a pretty plain eater and don't like seafood). Please feel free to comment your suggestions and check back in next week to see if I kept my word and crossed one off the list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment