Monday, February 22, 2016

Nashville

This past weekend was so so fun because my friends and I and our moms all took a girls trip to Nashville! We always have so much fun whenever our moms come to visit for parents weekend the past three years in Athens, so we decided to take it outside of Athens this time. About 10 people stayed at an Air B&B, another 10 stayed in a hotel, and my mom and I stayed at my cousins house. Her brother lives about 10 minutes south of downtown Nashville. We drove up on Friday afternoon. I had late classes so my mom and I didn't get there until about 7 so we went straight to dinner to meet everyone! We ate at The Southern, a steak and oyster restaurant located in the heart of downtown Nashville. I ordered the double cut  smoked pork chop that was served with spiced butternut squash risotto covered in a kale and apple-pomegranate sauce. It was delicious! The Southern was the perfect way to kick start the weekend! We even had our own private room! I attached the menu to to see what you guys would get! What would you order? Everything was delicious! Check out or dinner Friday night below!

Saturday morning my mom and I went to breakfast with my Uncle Doug, Aunt Laci, and cousin, Emma! We went to Le Peep and just caught up since we didn't really get to visit on Friday. Then we went back and got ready to head to Broadway to meet up with everyone! We just walked around downtown because there is so much to see! It was pretty packed because there was a Chris Stapleton concert and the Predators had a game. I've always wanted to go to a Preds game, but we are coming back for Thanksgiving so maybe we can go to one then! We went to lunch at Rippy's, which is a BBQ  joint on lower Broadway. The best part about Nashville is pretty much every bar and restaurant has live music at all times of everyday! My mom and I both got pulled pork! If you ever go to Nashville,  I definitely recommend trying Rippy's! 
When I was in Nashville in the fall for the Georgia-Vandy game we met Dean from Motocrossed (pictured below), but unfortunately we did not see him this time. 
After lunch we headed to the Tootsie's rooftop! It was such a beautiful day out so we wanted to be outside! We toured around some more then did the Pedal Tavern at 5:30! The pedal tavern is essentially a 2 hour bar crawl on wheels. I thought it was going to be one of those typical touristy things but it was actually so fun! I highly recommend it! It fits 15 so we did two separate groups and you can control the music! They supply a cooler of ice and cups and you can bring your own drinks! 



Our tour guide, Jeremiah, told us that if we don't pedal we don't move because there is no motor. About half way through my friend thought there had to be a motor. She challenged him that it was at the front, and he warned her whatever is in the bucket she looks in she has to wear if it is not a motor and she agreed. She went to check, and it was just filled with helmets- no motor! So he made her wear a helmet the rest of the time. 
And that was our trip to the Music City! If you find yourself in Nashville some time soon, I definitely recommend the Pedal Tavern! Even my Aunt Laci who has lived in Nashville her entire life had never done it, but she said she wants to do it again with her friends because she had such a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment