Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl Food How-To

Since my beloved Falcons did not make it to the Super Bowl (okay...or the playoffs for that matter) I just wanted a good game to watch. But it's always more fun when you have a team to root for so I cheered on the Broncos for Peyton's sake! Not a Tennessee fan, but a big Peyton fan! And in my opinion, the food (besides Beyonce...all hail Queen B) is one of the best parts! So my roommates and I grilled out and made burgers, chips and guacamole, spinach artichoke dip, veggie plate, potato salad, black bean and corn salsa, and popcorn! Here is a picture of our spread:

Unfortunately, we didn't go with Peyton's choice of Budweiser but we did have some Creature Comforts Tropicalia! 
And, of course we had to have a Super Bowl-themed cookie cake! Check it out below!

Here are some pictures of a few spreads I found on pinterest I might just have to try out for Super Bowl 51! 

 Super the size for the Super Bowl! This one might be too hard to make...
 Football-shaped bread bowl with spinach artichoke dip!
 Maple bacon roasted peanuts
 Three different dips in the shape of a field! Cheese dip, guacamole, and salsa! Yum!
The first one might be too hard to make but I definitely need to try the others! I guess we will see next year! 


5 comments:

  1. I am the same way! I spend countless hours on pinterest thinking that i am going to make all these wonderful foods that i pin, and then i wait for the perfect occasion to make them! The Super Bowl is the perfect reason to hit up pinterest and make themed snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Those photos look actually incredible. Your own spread of food already looks great, so I can't imagine what it'll look like once you start trying out the stuff you found in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is making me hungry! The food pictures and recipe videos i see on social media always look amazing, and these super bowl foods are truly works of art. I wonder who actually came up with all these ideas! I can't imagine trying to create this... i feel like it when i try, it never turns out the same as in the pictures - more like a complete fail. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have leftovers, hit me up! Jk but all your food looks amazing and it's so true if you don't have good food did you even watch the game? but i feel like all those highly intense foods turn out like the Pinterest fails when you try it and it fails miserably, then again i'm a terrible cook so that could also be why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This just made me unbelievably hungry. I'm sure you mean pinterest** but yes i love all of these and can spend hours looking at recipes on pinterest just to realize I'm lazy and will make scrambled eggs for dinner again.

    ReplyDelete